View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Silky,

So I don't have to look through all the posts ...is tooth #15 root canaled or had an apicoectomy? Does this tooth stand alone with no adjacent tooth?

It could be possible to make this crown so that it was not occluding with the bottom tooth.... but how would that solve the problem with it irritating the tongue?

Carbocaine has a short acting cycle, meaning it does not last very long. So dentists are hesitant to use it for any procedure that may take awhile. Some people do not get profoundly numb with carbocaine.... others like myself, do.

This "new"surgeon you went to see.... did you like him? Did you feel comfortable with him... did he answer your questions? Did he seem hesitant to remove this tooth or give the impression that it should not be removed?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silky View Post
Hi Bryanna,

I'm seeing oral surgeons about getting tooth number 15 extracted. I've had a crown or temp crown on #15 for almost 2 years that doesn't fit properly. No matter what dentists try, it still causes irritation on the tongue every time I eat. As a last resort......because I don't know what else to try, I'm thinking of having it extracted so the tongue can heal, and I don't have the irritation/pain from eating any more. I don't know if it would be possible to make a crown so small that it wouldn't have contact with the opposing tooth, just so I could keep the tooth? The first oral surgeon I saw wanted to overdose on meds with valium, versed, brevatol, local anesthetic just to remove one tooth. I saw a review about him that someone ended up in the ER because they were given too much anesthetic. Before I saw him, I just thought that it was an isolated incident. But after hearing of all the meds he planned on using that review made more sense, and scared me away.
Other oral surgeons in the past would just plan on using local anesthetic for this tooth. That works better for me since I have a lot of allergies to meds, epinephrine, etc. They almost always use Carbocaine to avoid epinephrine with me. I did go for a consult with the doc that is just starting out, and he would just use carbocaine. I'm agreeing with you that it would be better to find someone with more experience, so I think I need to keep looking for a surgeon I feel comfortable with. Thanks!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote