View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi,

This is kind of what Hooshmand says in his book about trigger points. He says they are a reflexion of referred pain, which is typical of RSD. They have been reconized in RSD since the 1940's.

The triggerpoint injections are given in the managment of RSD. It's not just a temporary relief of pain. It disrupts and interferes with the repetitive input of hyperpathic pain. It also helps relaxation of the muscles.

My Dr. has used Lidocaine, Mericaine, Zylocaine which I believe they are all the same just different names and he has also used Ketamine.

He tried me on every med going. I got the Neurontin, Oxycontin, Fentenal, Moraphine, you name it. I couldn't do any med he tried me on. We finally did Methadone and I like it.

I am back down on my Methadone. I do 1/2 of a 5mg. 3 times a day and if I wake up in the middle of the night I might take another half. I can't get the edge off of the pelvic pain because of the Interstital Cystitis. I do use Lidocaine in my bladder. I also have some RSD pain still going on in the pelvic area, just enough that I can't get off of that little bit of meds.

I did lose movement in my right arm. It was so bad I cried for them to cut if off for a long time. It did take us quite awhile to get it calm down but I had to have the 4 surgeries to get my use of it back. I still have TOS in the right arm and triggerfinger syndrome along with CTS and Radial Tunnel Syndrome but I had triggerpoint shots to get my fingers calmed down. My hand surgeon isn't wanting to do the surgery on my fingers because of the RSD if he can help it. I still deal with the RSD pain when the barometer changes. Then it's very hard to get it to calm down but if it gets too bad I go in and ask for shots.

I spent over 3 years in PT 2 times a week. I started out with my back, then had it for TOS and then RSD and Fibro. I spent over a year in it for the RSD and Fibro. I had 2 of the best PT'ers. They are a husband and wife team that studied in Holland. She was the best. They did lots of deep massages, stretching my fingers and hands for the TOS and other arm problems, heat packs and myofasial release.

My Dr. took care of Bill and I for 17 years. The first 8 years for me was dealing with the tumors, surgeries and cancer issue and then the last has been for the RSD, Fibro, IC, TOS, and everything else.

There's just not enough good PM Drs. out there for people. They make so much money off of a person having them come back and forth and not getting them well and nowadays there are so many Cronic pain patients out there they know if they lose one 3 more will come.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote