View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Mom looking for info

My ten year old son recently was diagnosed with Tic's. He started with a mild eye twitch about 2 years ago and eventually outgrew it. It wasn't very noticeable and looked like eye strain. Fast forward 2 years and he developed what we thought was a sore neck. He spent 2 weeks constantly adjusting his neck. Maybe 10 15 times in a 2 minute period of time. I took him to the pediatrician and he told me it was defintely tic's. He started him on .5 of Clonidine for one week and 1 mg of clonidine after the first week. This was a month ago. The tics immediately subsided. It has however morphed and is now a very constant raise of his eyebrows and lowering of his head. He has had a huge problem with Ticks as in bugs. So I requested he be tested for Lyme disease. Pediatrician said he truly doesn't believe it is Lyme disease because we are in the midwest and have very low incidence of Lyme disease in our area. He instead raised the clonidine to 1mg at night and .5 in the morning. I have now created a zombie with the meds. My kind, sweet, scholarly child can't pay attention to save his life. He is tired from the meds. We are proceeding with this course for 2 weeks and then he will intitiate a med change if the tics haven't subsided.

I am at a loss. He is being teased at school. I offered to talk to the students and he said NO, that will embarrass me more. I know this is scattered. I run a support group for families with Progressive Infantile Scoliosis. I have educated myself and help others traverse diagnosis and treatment. This I am at a total loss with.
LCC Catie D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote