View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey View Post
Hello,

I was involved in a bicycle accident around 3.5 months ago. I was diagnosed with PCS. At first my symptoms were clouded thinking, difficulty concentrating, constant headache, nausea, fatigue, etc.

After about a month or two, I came mostly out of the fog. I mostly stopped needing to sleep for several hours during the day. There are still days where I'm still foggy--but it's not nearly as bad. But I still have a headache every day basically all day. I'm also mostly nauseous and tired all day long. I sleep for about 10 hours per night and have difficulty falling asleep (but not staying asleep). I cannot do any physical activity without feeling worse. Every time my heart rate goes up, my symptoms get worse, even if for a short period.

I don't feel like I'm improving--some days I feel miserable and other days slightly better. I have not felt "normal" once during this period. I am getting pretty worried that things won't change. I don't know what to do.

We seem to have a commonality. I too was in a bicycle accident. I got hit by a car on a training ride. How about yourself?

The first month or two, I did nothing - literally. I'm back at work staring at the computer screen after a lot of painful adjustments my brain had to make. There was one week where I nearly quit my job because of the headaches, interaction with people and irritability. That's subsided somewhat but I still catch myself having to cope with when the emotions come about. Hard to do when your mind is cloudy.

Working in front of the computer, I suggest taking periodically longer rests like 15 to 30 minutes or longer, especially if you have headaches.

Have you been out on the bike yet? If you're an avid cyclist like myself, it might be a good idea to test yourself as a gauge to your progress. As for exertion, I've just kept the effort steady and incrementally increase it.
bh_pcs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote