View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 03:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for your post.

"1) I agree 100% with Mark, thinking about even "minor dings" is important when it comes to your current condition. I have had 3 concussions in the past 3 years. (2 work related, 1 in the accident). Each time the PCS was worse/longer lasting. I'm sure there are other times I've taken a hit to the head and didn't feel anything. But all those little ones add up, as I've learned after the past 10 months.

I agree completely, but I'm looking prospectively.

2) Have you considered taking a leave from your schooling? School is very stressful and it adds a TON of added stimulation & stress. (Stress is the WORST thing for your recovering brain!) I have been on leave for my Master's program since the accident and am hoping to start up again this summer, as I'm still not ready to start this spring. I couldn't have made the progress I have, without completely stopping school and work.

If I took a leave from school, what would I do with myself all day? I can't imagine a life of sitting around waiting to feel better. That seems worse than my current situation.

3) Sounds like you really struggle with the computer. How's your vision? I was referred for a developmental eye evaluation in which I learned that I had lost some of my vision in my left eye and my eyes were struggling to work together, making my brain work really hard to try to "see" reality. He referred me to vision therapy and I now have glasses that help make reading and computer stuff easier because they have an anti glare function, as well as magnification.

My vision is more-or-less OK.

4) Does your nausea get worse when you move your head around, or your body is moving or in the car? If so, you may have some things off with your vestibular (balance) system. I have been doing rehab for this as well. It has really made my life much more bearable by taking away some of the dizziness and most of the nausea. It really has improved my level of functioning.

Yes. I have noticed this. I will take your advice.

5) I also second Mark that you should have your neck evaluated. I have been doing PT for this as well. This has also helped my PCS symptoms. "

Thank you. I will check this out.
wakey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote