View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Kris,

It sounds like the extraction site is doing well and you have no reason to be concerned.

It is normal for other areas of your mouth to be sensitive or uncomfortable as you have described because... #1 you had surgery in your mouth that required the movement of jawbone and ligaments which share nerves that are connected to other areas of your mouth... #2 you are now chewing/hitting different areas of your existing teeth with the two lower molars missing.... #3 if you are clenching or grinding, since your bite has changed, you are gnawing on some teeth more so than you were before the extractions. Does this make sense to you? It should and perhaps it can relieve some of your concerns about what is normal.

You should definitely keep flossing all of your teeth. Do not stop doing that because it's important to keep your mouth clean. Plaque will build up quickly and cause unnecessary inflammation. So keep flossing!

I really don't see the need to visit your dentist, but of course that is up to you.

Bryanna

=KrisPPP;830558]Update.....

Bryanna! I am having more good hours than bad....more good days than bad. Anyway, it appears when I wake up in the morning is the best....until about lunchtime. After I eat is when I get a bit of discomfort in my teeth on the extraction site side, event though I do my best to keep the food on the opposite side. It is not a bad soreness but almost like my teeth are a bit achy.....and the one that seems to flair up the worst is a bottom molar that I had a filling in about a year ago. The other tooth that gives me some grief is an upper, not far from extraction site, molar that I had a cap put on several years back. So I am not sure if these two teeth are just more sensitive and are getting the "brunt" of my extraction site/teeth grinding healing process or what! I am going to not floss on that side for a few days to see if that calms things down. I am still doing the salt water rinses and feel ok....no fever, no severe pain, no pus at extraction site, no inflammation -- nothing that I can see. The site is still pretty pink but I can tell it is filling in. It will be 6 weeks on Monday!

Do you suggest I make an appt for tomorrow for the dentist to peek at it or possible take an x-ray or just keep calm and keep quiet and see how things progress for the next couple of days? I would "think" if I had an infection in the bone, I would know by now, is this correct? I just dont want to over look anything. Can an exray tell if there is an infection?

Thanks again!

Kris[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote