Thread: Finally over!!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 11:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Finally over!!

Today I went to court for a "Pre Hearing Settlement Conference", which I had no idea what to expect. So I get there at 9:00 AM, and wait, and wait, and wait...until Noon- Then my attorney comes out, and explained to me how the
amounts are figured out, the formula used to determine how much a case is worth, and we discussed figures that I could get up to if we were to go to trial, and the amount that the adjusters had offered today.

Earlier in my case, they had offered $45,000, which my lawyer kept saying was way too low...so today they offered 60k right from the beginning. ( I was already to settle for whatever they offered over $55k, based on my plans for the cash and my medical needs) But the lawyer explained that he felt we could get more still.

we went back and forth a bit, and he went back and forth with the adjuster, and I agreed to an amount, if it could be guaranteed that I'd have my check by Christmas, AND I GOT IT!!!

My case is finally settled!!! Well, now we have to do an official 'hearing' so the judge can make sure that I understand that I do have a right to a trial,
blah blah, but still IT's DONE!!

I'm SO excited that it's finally over, and I'm finally going to be able to get my kids some decent gifts for Christmas!

AND THEN....just to keep up with the good day, I decided to buy some scratch off lottery tickets, and I WON $20!
72daywmn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dd in pain (12-10-2011)