Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 12:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Thanks again

[QUOTE=cath1;830819]You're very welcome Sandy. I know how scary all this can be, and to go through cancer recovery on top of it, well, I just can't imagine. You are one strong lady!

I've been dealing with this crap for a couple years now, been off work for a year and a half, still not back, hoping to get retrained for something different come the new year (I'm a graphic designer of 20 years, but can no longer use my right hand or sit for longer than 30 mins at a computer) so my career has basically ended. I understand what you mean about finding a job that means all your accommodations. It's difficult to even fathom having to go to work through the pain we feel. But unless you've experienced it, others don't really understand.

I truly hope you get some pain relief during your healing. I would also suggest you talk to your doctor about physiotherapy and acupuncture. The physio can address your posture to relieve some pain, and the acupunture gives me some pain relief
Thank you Cathie!! Yes this pain is overwhelming. Yesterday i held off on pain meds till 2pm, and i couldn't take it anymore. My brother also has back issues and is using acupuncture and is getting some relief. The problem is I don't know how I can get my ins to pay for it. They are already refusing tests my cancer drs are ordering, saying stage 1 invasive with a bi lat mastectomy, isn't bad enough to warrant them paying for a complete bone scan. Then refused a cat with dye, and finally approved this mri. My cancer/breast surgeon ordered the bone scan cuz of my tumor markers going up and this horrid pain. I was so mad at HAP! Maybe they should get their chest cut off and tell me how bad it is!! Really, it's like my body isn't my own anymore, not to mention the emotional part of it. It sure has been a rotten rollercoaster!! I just want to get off!! thank you for all your advice and support. None of us can survive without it! You are an angel!! I'm sure you will find a way to use your talent! When we become survivors of any situation, I believe it's God's plan and our work here on earth isn't done. That is why we are here sweetie!!
Thanks again
Hugs and strength
Sandy
jade01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cath1 (12-08-2011)