View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Not Fibromyalgia

Ok, I have been diagnosed as having Fibromyalgia by one physician and told by another that he doesn't think so. Most doctors that I have seen have just shrugged their shoulders, told me that they have done all they can do and recommended another doctor.

The symptoms can be best described as feeling like tendinitis. I have this feeling at nearly every connection point, bilaterally. I have been through physical therapy more times than I can count. Blood work shows no inflammation. MRI's, bone scans, CT scans and x-rays show nothing. Neurologist said that it is not neurological. The pain is constant and gets worse with activity and in cold weather. I also have a knot in my back that gets better with the steroids. It has been debilitating at times. The worst is my feet. Because, of course, I can't go without using them on a daily basis. We have tried steroids several times for brief periods. With no affect. Although, about 4 months ago, I convinced my GP to try a higher dose for a longer period of time. Success!! I hadn't been pain free in almost 8 years. The trial period ended and everything came back within a few days of stopping the steroids. He has put me on a maintenance dose until a doctor can figure something out. Obviously, I can't be on prednisone forever.

Medications: Tramadol (100mg x 3), Morphine (30mg x 3), Lyrica (100mg x 3), Zanaflex (2mg x 1)

Duration: 8 years

So, anyone got any ideas. I am going to try a different pool of doctors, starting tomorrow. Going to a larger city, to the VA. I would really like my life back. My kids would like their father back and I am sure my boss would like his superstar back.
tamills49203 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (12-11-2011)