View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help! Does this sound like PCS?

Hi All,

Any thoughts greatly appreciated! I am 30 years old and what will be 3 Saturdays ago this Sat coming i stood up from my washing machine (fast) and whacked the top/back of my head on an open cupboard. I hit it hard enough that the force sent me back down to a crouch and the intensity forced me to crunch my eyes shut in pain. I didn't however lose conciousness, feel sick, have any visual disturbances etc. I immediatly did have a headache though! the initial "burn" type feel when you first bump your head hasn't stopped since. It has improved in the middle of my head section but the back/left it is still very bad. I went to the docs on the Monday and he said i have PCS didn't send me for CAT or MRI as no other symptoms and have felt / still feel fine otherwise. When i was still in pain by the 1st Friday he pescribed Amitryptiline. This has worked in as much as i no longer can really feel the headache. if i take paracetamol on top can't feel it at all. Once the paracetamol wears off if i am doing lots around the house (i have 2 under 5) then i get a kind of dull or light ache at the back/left sight of pain. I am not really a fan of taking meds though and he said i need to take a month to start with?

Also i am a MAJOR panicker so i am diagnosing myself with subdural slow bleed haematomas and all sorts of other stuff and half wishing i had a CAT / MRI to make me feel better that i didn't have it. I did ask Dr if i needed one on second visit and he was emphatic that no i didn't had no other symptoms than headache he is confident i just have PCS. I am still panicking though...

Do my symptoms sound likely to be PCS to those on here who have experience. I do think i have been VERY quick to anger since i hit my head but no other symptoms other than the contstant never ending burning headache since i hit it.

thanks
C
x
cnorma11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote