View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suev View Post
You can always vent here!! And yes, we know EXACTLY what you are talking about!

I know it stinks....it just is what it is. Hang in there!

Thanks Suev - somedays I've got a good grip, somedays I'm hanging by a thread....

I keep trying to turn in that dang superwoman cape but keep getting it handed back to me....

Went to the neuro today - he changed the mestinon with no hestitation - 60mg every three to four hours at my discretion (took my notebook and showed him I was keeping track and what was happening/when)... he was absolutely amazed at the difference (Its a good day for me and I was in his office at the peak of my morning dose and felt like I could have arm wrestled him and win - breezed thru the standard tests without falling over, losing my posture (that definitely improves with the mestinon-anyone ever notice that?), seeing double or turning into popeye!)

Now we're talking thymectomy and I've got to go glow in the dark again (CT) .. He's hestitating abit on this.. his reasoning that I'm responding well to the Mestinon so lets wait and see... but after everything I've read - if I stand a decent chance of improving - then lets do it and get it done BEFORE I end up crashing or on more medication with wicked side effects (not thrilled with the idea of steriods at all.....) Maybe I'm being impatient? but I guess at this point I want to be proactive rather then reactive if I can to get some semblence or idea of "normal" back.....
Ravenred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote