Thread: Cold feet
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 09:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default cold feet

My PN in the feet used to cause them to be very cold and also burn at the same time. I didn't know whether to use heat or cold packs on them. My arthritis doc wrote an RX for some Nitro-bid cream. I think it is the same medication heart patients use to increse circulation to the heart when they have angina pain. This cream comes in a tube and needs to be applied very sparenly to the top of the feet about once a day (for me). One needs to use a glove when applying it. If you apply too much at a time, you can get a bad headache. I used a dab, on each foot, about the size of half a pea or less. I did this for several months and my feet mainly just burn now. I sleep with an ice pack everynight by my feet. I can take either hot or cold, but not both. Some people probably shoudn't try it b/c of side effects that might be heart related, but using it for a time did help with cold feet. I guess your doc shold decide as the doc has to write the RX. The idea here is to increase the circulation to the feet. I have good pulses in my feet, but the nitro-bid did help some. Just a thought.
mommab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote