View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 04:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation PPMI needs newly diagnosed - de novo

I know that there are many pwp who come to this forum, but who may not post. For them, and for those pwp who are newly diagnosed and not on meds yet (de novo), we need you!

In 2003 as a de novo person with Parkinson’s (PWP), I declined starting medications and instead joined the PRECEPT clinical trial. I was in that trial for two years, and was in the PostCEP trial for six years after that. As a PRECEPT and PostCEP participant, I have participated in the FOUND study, in the B-CIT SPECT imaging study, and my husband and I participated in the PROBE study. My data is included in LABS-PD. I am very proud that data from my participation continues to help the Parkinson’s research community.

Now a new group of de novo pwp is needed to help PD researchers! PPMI data will be used for the search for PD biomarkers, which may hopefully then lead to better treatments for PD. Remember, you may be helping not only yourself, but also people in the future.

There are study sites all around the US and some in Europe. Visit the PPMI website for more information.

Anyone who would like to contact me about my experiences being in a multi-year trial is welcome to PM me.

Jean

http://www.michaeljfox.org/living_PPMI.cfm
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote