View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 06:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

Well, I went back to the dentist. This is a different dentist that did the extraction but one that I have seen many times over the last 10 years before insurance had me change. Now I just pay out of pocket to see him. Anyway, he seems a bit irritated with me since I was just there last week, but took a good look and did a thorough oral exam and said I am MAJORLY grinding or clenching my teeth and he can easily tell that and that may be part of my issue. He also said the extraction site looked good but he did see a lot of bacteria on the molar right in front of the site and said I need not be afraid to really brush that molar and keep it ultra clean. He said I do not have a jaw bone or any other infection. He suggested coming back next week for bite wings since it is time and I may have a small cavity or two but nothing major. He advised me to go to the store and get a mouth guard and see if that helped and if so, then his office could have one made for me in a few months after the store one needed to be replaced.

Can he tell I dont have an infection without an exray? This tooth was a simple extraction -- straight pull, not surgery. That is why I am so upset that we are going on SIX weeks!! My anxiety is going to kill me!
KrisPPP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote