View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 10:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Bryanna,
The stitch is out and ugggg my gums are so swollen around those sites. He stitched the gum together in between the two teeth and now that gum is so swollen. He looked at it all today and said it looks good.. Good? My gums feel 10x their normal size.The sockets do not hurt at all, it is the gums. Holy Moly they are so sore, tight, and the remaining teeth feel so weird but I assume that is from the swelling. I kept saying mention about the blood taste in the morning and what do I forget to ask? You got it.. The blood. But i know it is from what you said the two surgical wounds are still open and my dad told me today that when you sleep your tongue could be playing with it. Makes sense I guess. My bridge on top throbs at times also and I assume that it is because of the gums below and everything is connected. I am just hoping the swelling subsides before Christmas. Do you think it will. It has been 7 days today and I also keep forgetting it was two extracted and double the healing. Bryanna, as you might tell I am a little obsessed with my recent dental work. I feel since August I have had problems in the mouth. I look at my kids and I cry. I cry because I want to be pain free to enjoy them and it is one thing after another and the time is flying by and I just need a break. I am so sad to be in discomfort not pain but discomfort everyday. I know you must see this everyday and I thank you for taking your personal time to help me out.
Do you know an approximate timeline on how long the swelling lasts in the gums? The tightness has subsided.
Thanks so much
I am doing salt water rinses 3 to 4 times a day.
OS said to use mouthwash to help with the odor and the food getting stuck. Rinse after I eat. I don;t want to use alcohol based so is a Biotene ok? i have sjougrens disorder so I use that.
Thanks
Nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Nicole,

Yes, it is normal to still be tasting blood and have an awful taste or smell coming from your mouth. Why? Because you have 2 open surgical wounds...all normal part of healing. Are you rinsing with warm salt water?

The blood from your nose may be due to swallowing some blood and it pushed up into your sinus when you blew your nose. Not to worry about this.

The adjacent tooth #29 may be sore for awhile because it shares the same bundle of nerves and ligaments that have been traumatized during the extraction of the other teeth. These things take time to calm down. The only added concern is that since this tooth is root canaled, the bacteria surrounding the root may have been stirred up which could also cause it to be sore and achy. It would be wise to have this tooth monitored periodically with an xray.

The incision will heal closed. This was done to gain access to that tooth in an attempt to cause the least amount of trauma to the jawbone.

It sounds like you're healing ok. Let us know what the surgeon says on thursday.

Bryanna

[/QUOTE]
Dry socket girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote