View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Re: former occupations

Hi Mark, I do know what it is like to loose your job. I was an artist who traveled all over the country. I created miniatures by looking down through a magnifier to see my little critters. This caused me to reverse the curve of my spine, and after the fusions, well I can't go back and do what caused the injury again. I had this business for 30 years, and I sure miss it. I still engage in the creative efforts, but not in that medium anymore. My ankles also gave way as I carried heavy displays to set up at the art shows. I would give anything to be able to go back to work and be what I was before. My quality of life is good, but I am also restricted in what I can do. I take meds. too and occasionally have a katimine infusion in my neck. Loosing what you truely are, in my case an artisian, is hard to cope with, especially because I still dream of my creations at night. They dance in my dreams, and when I wake up I am sad I cannot create them. Sometimes I think I should try it again and take a chance with my neck, there is not much more that they can fuse left. What was your occuptaion before your back injuries? I sometimes wonder what caused back injuries in others, if it is just bad luck or work related. Hope you are doing OK today Mark. I follow most of the posts that Dr. Smith researches, as he brings the lastest news for us pain patients. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote