View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

This is great advice!

I would suggest that when using vitamin D that it be vitamin D3 cholecalciferol which is metabolized more efficiently by the body. Same form of vitamin D that we obtain from the sun. The supplement that I have used for several years with great success is by a company called Biotics Research and the product is called Bio-D Mulsion Forte. It is an emulsified liquid that contains 2000 IU's per drop. Very readily absorbed by the body, just like the sun! Best price online is usually from vitacost.com.

Vitamin C is also essential for our overall health. The best way to take C is to start out slowly with no more than 250 mgs per dose twice a day and gradually work up the dose to bowel tolerance. Some people will get diarrhea from too much vitamin C at any one given time.... so best to start out slow and slowly increase. Two really good products are.... 1) INNATE response formula vitamin C-250 made from 100% whole food... 2) World Organic Ascorbyl Palmitate fat soluable vitamin C which works by attaching itself to the cell so the body can utilize it longer.

Another supplement that provides nutritional support to our immune system and is an essential daily requirement is a Probiotic. This provides the good bacteria in our digestive tract that is necessary to fight off those offenders that compromise the integrity of our digestive health such as antibiotics, stress, processed foods..... etc. I have used Culturelle for many years and I rarely get sick.... not even a cold ;-)

Thanks Stacy for bringing this up.... supplementing with nutriceuticals is very important!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl7 View Post
For everyone who has or might have a sinus infection related to a tooth (and that includes ME!), it's really important to be doing all you can for your immune system. I take 8,000-10,000 units of Vitamin D daily plus I have added 1000 mg of vitamin C. I also take astaxanthin, a very powerful antioxidant.

As Bryanna has pointed out to all of us, there is probably infection in there that doesn't show up yet on x-ray, and ultimately it will get worse. So you need to help your immune system fight this battle until you get the infected tooth removed (my case), or if you've already done that and you're still having infection, then adding antioxidants and Vitamin D will help you get well. BUT all the supplements in the world won't hold off the infection forever.

Stacy
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote