View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 03:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank yall so much for your replies!
My appointment got moved up after the dr's reviewed my chart to this past wednesday.. So we went and spent many hours with the dr's, they were great and spent a lot of time with us, which was really nice - I was with them for almost FOUR hours, which is unheard of these days!

Great news was they did an EMG right there, the ALS Dr performed it and it was normal, so no ALS- THank God!! However, they were perplexed, how do I have focal weakness, muscle atrophy - all which they saw on clinical exam and a normal emg.. They say I sound like a Guillian barre/cidp, however with clean emgs, negative LP and reflexes normal/brisk it just doesn't fit..
So, they looked stumped.. they really weren't sure what to think, which was kind of unnerving and now we really don't know where we stand.. They ordered more tests and sent them to mayo, they said they should get them back next week, and also are scheduling a skin/nerve biopsy.. We may try a IVIG trial here in the coming weeks to see if it helps.. so I feel so incredibly grateful/thankful, however things just aren't adding up which is strange and makes me uneasy!
4 -eyes.. I had the MG panel that was negative, but it didn't include the Musk test.. I do have a triple furrowed tongue.. They didnt send Musk to mayo, which I dont' understand why not. if they don't really know whats goign on, whats the harm in sending another test, you never know! I'm goign to be an atypical presentation of something!! I do get double vision when tired, slurred speech which fatigued at the end of the day with swallowing a little difficult, and eyelids have changed shape and are a little more droopy..
I also fatigue on my clinical exams with repeatitive strength tests, and stay weak for the rest of the day though, and sore the next day!
I don't know anything else that can have a triple furrowed tongue do yall? mine looks pretty classic.. though the fingers/thumbs are always weak and never get better with rest.. so I don't know that that part fits with MG.. ugh I have no idea, I just hope someone will!

Thanks so much yall , I really appreciate yalls replies! Hope yall are well!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote