View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Stacy,

Great healthy tips!!!!! Thank you! So good to have someone on the dental board who brings knowledge and attention to these things....

Mercury fillings are so toxic... most people have no idea about this and their dentists may not want to get into the subject for personal peer rejection issues....

One major issue with detoxing when you still have mercury fillings is that anything you use to detox or remove heavy metals from the body will draw the mercury from those fillings into the tissue and organs continually so long as the fillings are still present. What are your thoughts on that?

I think the ideal thing to do is have the mercury fillings removed by a dentist who follows the proper removal protocol and generally prefers doing quadrant dentistry so as to minimize the number of appointments for the patient. The patient can take 5-10 chlorella tabs at the onset of that dental appointment to mop up any mercury vapors from the removal process.

I suggest to patients prior to beginning the removal and throughout the entire process, it would be advantageous to supplement with all of the antioxidants as you have mentioned, vitamin D3, multi vitamin from a whole food source in addition to immune support with B complex, probiotics, along with plenty of filtered water daily.

Once all of the mercury and other metals have been removed and replaced with non metal restorations (not including titanium implants) then I think it's best if the detox program is tailored to the individual patient because of possible systemic reactions in some cases. It is ideal if the dentist is knowledgeable enough to prescribe this protocol but if not, then there are physicians who can recommend a protocol to follow. The IAOMT organization has lists of biological dentists and other practitioners who understand this concept and work with their patients through the detox program.

I mention all metal restorations because mercury contaminates all other metals used in the mouth. So just removing the mercury (silver colored ones) is not truly enough. Titanium implants are not in this category because they are placed into the jawbone.

Hope some others are interested in this subject and chime in here.....
Thanks so much for mentioning this!!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl7 View Post
I agree on the probiotic. Many of them must be refrigerated, so read the label or else you wasted your money!

The top supplements I recommend for everyone are:
1) Vitamin D3. It's over the counter. Vitamin D2 is prescription BUT NOT BETTER. In fact, D2 has to be converted to D3 in the body to be utilized, so why not take it the way it's used in your body?
2) Probiotic all the time. If you eat raw foods, you get probiotics, but most people don't (although they should). 70% of your immune system is in your gut, so take care of it with probiotics!
3) Astaxanthin: powerful antioxidant that is fat soluble, so you will store it. it's the same antioxidant found in algae that salmon eat, and it is what makes their flesh pink. For human, great for the immune system by inactivating free radicals and great for your skin by preventing sun damage.

Some additional bonus supplements:
1) Vitamin C when you're starting to feel sick. Take 1000 mg an hour until you get loose stools.
2) Ubiquinol: the active form of Co-enzyme Q 10. As we age, we lose the ability to convert Co-Q to ubiquinol, and it's another antioxidant especially good for cardiovascular function.

And if you still have mercury fillings in your mouth, take chlorella to detox.

Glad to hear that your procedure went well, pixiedust! I'm facing an extraction myself in the near future, so I hope I heal as well.

Stacy
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote