View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Kris,

Yes, I see this exact situation every day in my practice and it's very typical for people who have sjogren's syndrome to take longer to heal because of the dry mouth issue. The saliva actually bathes and soothes open wounds in the mouth. The lack of saliva prevents that constant bathing which makes the healing process take longer. I have patients with this condition who have open surgical wounds for several weeks...normal for them.

Does this info help a little .......?
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPPP View Post
Thanks for your reassurance, Bryanna. I am just so worried that this dentist is missing something and then I read about "phantom" dental pain and my anxiety is THROUGH the roof. I just keep hoping each day, the soreness will be gone and it is when I wake up and then within a few hours, I get some sort of odd sensations or soreness on that side of the mouth.

I think I am going to have to have the dentist do the x-ray next week since I am driving myself crazy over this. He assures me it looks fine but WHY is it still so pink and open? It clearly needs more time to heal and I have no idea why this is taking so long??? Honestly, when I read any wisdom tooth extraction board, they always say they are pain free within 2-3 weeks max. I never see my issue.....why is this? Is my situation really that uncommon? Do you see this in your practice often? Thanks Bryanna....I know I am driving you crazy -- think of what I am doing to my poor husband??? He is begging me to just take Tylenol so I dont feel ANYTHING!!! I am pretty sensitive to meds and pain...obviously!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote