View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 07:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for replying to my post! The cymbalta has helped for her headaches. She still has some, but nothing like it was before she began taking it.

She is getting a cognitive thinking test this coming week. Hopefully this will help us find out exactly what she is struggling with and how we can help her in school.

As far as legal action, we are not suing, even though it was another driver's fault. Do I still need to check out that web site?

Yes, she was going to school with severe headaches. Unfortunately school started 3 days after the accident. She would not stay home for anything b/c she was just starting high school and couldn't imagine missing it. At that time we had no clue how serious all of this was or we would have insisted! Our neuro told us that if she had been his patient at that time, she would not have started classes.

She is on the cymbalta and also propranolol. I give her 2 aleve's when she is complaining of a headache.

The ER dr. and her neuro's diagnosed her with mild concussion as well as post concussion syndrome. Both neuro's have also said this will get better.

When I tell you her personality is back I mean in a way that right after her accident, for 10 weeks, she was a different person. Mean, edgy, just nasty. I totally would not have been surprised to get a call from the school saying she told a teacher off or something. She would hardly speak to my husband or myself and was always mad at her siblings. She was mad at the world!! Since being on the cymbalta she has been very pleasant again. Some of her teachers have noted that they will be talking to her but she isn't really there. I'm assuming this is the times she is feeling "dreamy".

She is a very laid back, "cool as a cucumber" type person. Since the accident she gets stressed much easier.

Eowyn: I don't know how in the world I would pull her from school!! That's a very scary thought to me! I can't imagine homeschooling her. I don't know how she would get her credits......sometimes this is such a lonely lonely road! Very thankful for this group!!!
hannah's mom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote