View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default pain vs pleasure CRAVINGS!!!

Hi everyone,

Thought I would ask if this is uncommon or normal.....

I have recently had a resurgence of my severe pn for no apparent reason, so therefore I can't address the way to help myself out of the pain of course. But something I have realized I do this past year is when I am in the 7+ range of pain I begin to get restless and feel the need to find a good feeling. Some way, any way, any good feeling. Mostly I turn to food. I have become somewhat of a comfort eater. Health is not a to serious of problem at present time, but, who knows, it could become a serious problem. At this time I am 5"5 (I have already shrunk an inch at 40 from 5"6 at 18!-is this normal?) and 130lbs. I am flabby but not fit as I do not exercise due to my condition. I am hoping to get a recumbent exercise machine off of freecycle at some point, since I can use my legs most days with no problems - but my health is okay right now. I know eating is a bad habit, in a way, but I do other things to help distract me; a hug from my kids, a kiss from my hubby. So where is the line between a bad habit and a necessary crutch?

But do other people do this? Or something like this? I fixate on needing a good feeling. I only get this way when my pain get up in the higher numbers and goes on for multiple days. I don't eat a lot - I just need a little to distract me from the pain. I just feel so bad physically I can't stop thinking about feeling a good feeling! And the taste of whatever favorite food of the hour is..mmmmmm..feels so much better than the pain!

Okay am I completely looney or what?!
adelina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote