View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Sounds like Dr Dixit is a fees first, patient second type of doctor. The nurse practitioner likely would have given you more time from the beginning.

btw, You will not get the results of your EEG. The best you will get is a nurse's interpretation of the EEG wave form. Reading an EEG is an art, not a science.

I just looked up Dr Dixit and his RNP. I am not impressed with his CV. Dr Dixit has bounced from job to job over the last 16 years. Dr Dixit has never been published. He was a doc for hire up until he opened his private practice in 2008. His expertise if he has any expertise, is in epilepsy, stroke and Parkinson. At least these are his areas of focus. Concussion management is not mentioned.

He continues to work for a clinical research clinic, probably to help pay the bills. Clinical research does not imply research expertise. It often is just a job documenting symptoms and other medical criteria. His RNP did critical care for most of her career. Only sought neurology specific area the past two years.

Neither has the length of experience to have followed a patient through prolonged Post Concussion Syndrome.

I would not hold my breath for a worthwhile appointment on Monday.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (12-09-2011)