View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

hannah's mom,

First, You should check out the TBI Law web site so you can protect her. Or do you plan on picking up the cost of her care if she does not recover?

At least get some good advice from a knowledgeable concussion attorney. I waited too long to pursue my Work Comp case and lost my chance for a good settlement. I got nothing. Now, my wife has to support us.

Her 'not there' condition is an important symptom. The Cymbalt is likely masking symptoms to give you a false sense of security. If she has these 'not there' times frequently, she needs to be home. She can always catch up. She can not erase a bad year or two's grades.

If she is so intolerant of stress while taking the Cymbalta, it shows that her brain is seriously struggling.

I was straight A's as a freshman. I was injured first quarter of sophomore year. I hardly got any A's. I was able to get my grades back up for junior year. I had a serious relapse in college. Almost flunked out second semester of freshman year. If I did not have such bad grades that year, I would have been competing for Valedictorian or Salutatorian. My 4.25 would have been a 4.4 or so.

The brain is undergoing too much change at her age to be put under the stress of such a concussion and school stresses. And.... Homeschooling her will not be that hard. I know from experience. Our three kids were homeschooled through high school.

If you email me from my link under my name, you can reach my wife and hear some ideas about working with her. She can't be much different than my two girls were. Just click on my name to see the PM and email options.

If you have concerns about suing, maybe we can discuss them privately. I understand the religious concerns and some other concerns. Maybe I can help you understand the situation better.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote