View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 04:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Guys Thank you all for the well wishes, im now on day 6 of recovery and am still feeling no better Surgery went well i was first on the list so went into theatre at 8.30 and all i remember was waking up in recovery at 11.30 i did not need to be awake at anytime throughtout the procedure as the surgeon used my trial x-rays to place the leads. I have an incision site in the middle of my back around T7 and another on my left side where the stimulator has been placed, both are very sore and the one on my back feels like an elephant has stamped on me! im finding it very hard to move.

I had a 3 day stay in hospital as my blood pressure was very low and my temp was high, but once that was under control i was sent home with plenty of pain meds, the day of the surgery later in the afternoon the reps came to my bedside and programmed me up, only one programme as i was so groggy and felt really sick so im waiting for a follow up appointment so they can give me more settings, which i need as im not getting the complete coverage i hoped for, i feel on my right side its to high and to close to my ribcage.

In hospital the pain was under control with morphine, tramadol, paracetamal and also my butrans 40mg patches, once home myself and my husband found it hard to stay on track with the meds because i felt so sick and was vomiting. The journey home from the hospital was terrible i felt so sick my husband said i look grey and i went straigt to bed as my whole body was shaking, i think it was the moving around. The next day was much the same but without the shaking, the next i felt better but still found any little movement very painful in my upper back (the stimulator incision has not caused me much pain only for the first day or so) Sleeping has been a challenge in hospital zero amount of sleep nor the night before surgery so when i got home i was thinking i havent slept properly for 4 nights now im going to sleep like a baby ... wrong .... well i slept like a baby but one who was teething! awake on and off, couldnt get comfortable and on top of that had hot and cold sweats!! Last night was better so im hoping as time goes by things will improve.

Because i have felt so terrible over the last week i can't really give you much detail of how the stimulator is working for me,apart from im going to need some more settings done to get better coverage. If i can stop feeling nauseous and can stop taking the extra pain killers i think ill have a better idea of how things are going to be. Today i am determined to get up out of bed or of the sofa and move around more some fresh air in the garden sounds wonderful might have to take a bowl LOL!

My clips at the incision sites have to be taken out on the 15th ten days post op and im waiting for an appointment to come through for my follow up and meeting with the reps.

All in all im glad surgery is over and i have my new friend which is going to help me get my life back on track, it may take awhile but im sure i will get there no one says recovery is easy you just have to push through the hard times, as soon as i have some good news for all you wonderful, inspirational people ill share Lots of Love Mel x
melly27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ron h (12-10-2011), Rrae (12-10-2011), Sophie_ (01-06-2012)