View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Re: future wheelchair

Dear Ol, I do not have parkinsons, but I do have a fear of having to use a wheelchair in my future. I have a degenerative condition of my ankles, called ATTD disorder, the ankles broke down. I need two new ankles though there is no surgery like for a knee replacement. I walk with the help of a narcotic, and I took off 65 pounds to relieve my ankles of the stress to the best of my ability. That being said, I know that sometime in my future, I will have to use a wheelchair unless some new surgery is invented. I am deeply frightened of this, and I know you must be also. I don't know how to face this eithor. I also know what your illness is, as a friend of mine has it. I don't want to loose my mobility eithor, and I do at times get anxious, fearful, and all those other negative emotions. I am also wanting to know how others cope with less mobility. I am so sorry for PK in your life. I am disabled from cervical issues as well. I suppose when the time comes, I will have to learn how to cope. I am not very brave about facing these kinds of things. I hope you will be OK for awhile, and can keep on trucking as long as you can. I will listen to how people respond to this post. I hope your holiday season has joy, even with the medical problem you have. Be good to yourself. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote