View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 04:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice md View Post
I don't know how useful this info. will be and for who, but I recently started taking mytelase, by my neurologist's recommendation based on some observations that it may be better than mestinon in MuSK, and at least for now, this seems to be the case for me.

I don't have any good explanation for this, but as opposed to mestinon (which I stopped taking due to its hechtic effect on my illness) it has a much more stable and predictable effect.

It is longer acting and has a somewhat different mode of action than mestinon. For some reason mestinon is preferred by most neurologists (in fact none of my previous neurologists ever mentioned mytelase or suggested trying it).
Thank you for this post for sure because the mestinon gives me erratic results and messes with my stomach big time so this kind of sounds exactly like what I need. My neuro never said anything about this medication and now im moving to a new one after the new year so it would be a good time to maybe try to change up my medication regimen.(my old neuro was hard to get to try new things)
brandonc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote