View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Kadi - Yes, it's a banding feeling that wraps around an area of your body. Mine is mostly in my left rib cage. Not only do the muscle spasm but I get nerve pain as well. Some compare the pain to having shingles. When it acts up it can even make breathing difficult and painful. It's my worst and most frustrating symptom.

Debbie - I have been very lucky with gabapentin. I normally don't do well with most meds but I have not had any side effects from the gabapentin. The only times I have had trouble is when trying to increase it. I did go to the dr the other day and there is some talk about weaning me off it and putting me on something else. I am on such a low low dose of it. But, I have heard of people who have mood disturbances and such while taking gabapentin as well as some of the other anticonvulsants.

Erin - I wish there was a med or something to take care of this pain. While gabapentin has been such a blessing to me, I still get breakthrough pain. I do find that massage therapy helps by relaxing the muscles. My muscles get in a tight mess in my ribs. But the massage therapy doesn't help with nerve pain. Advil has been helping with the inflammation and some of the pain I have going on so I am thankful for that.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (12-10-2011)