View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Stacy,

The mercury in dental fillings constantly emanates toxic vapors but are in abundance during eating or drinking anything hot... also while tooth brushing... chewing gum... grinding the teeth... and in huge amounts during the placement and removal of the fillings. As you said, mercury has big affects on the endocrine system.... the thyroid in particular. Fortunately, more and more people are becoming more informed, thanks to the internet!!

I agree, chlorella or spirulina is probably a good idea to supplement with for life if you've had mercury fillings. Because chorlella is high in iron, spirulina may be a better choice for men due to the concern with iron overload and for women who no longer menstruate. What are your thoughts on this?

I too had all of my mercury fillngs and gold onlays removed. I had them replaced with porcelain or zirconium material. I was so happy to be getting rid of them and they were my easiest dental visits ever! Yes, the metal used in porcelain fused to metal crowns can be comprised of inferior metals like nickel.... mainly to keep the lab fabrication cost down. Although the dental schools still train their students to do PFM crowns as the golden standard (as well as mercury fillings), there are a growing number of practicing dentists who in trying to keep current, use less and less metal in their practice.

The literature on titanium and zirconia dental implants state that they are both biocompatible materials and integrate well into the jawbone. Each have their own properties that may make one material a better choice than another for each individual case. Osseo News is a good site for implant information.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl7 View Post
Hi Bryanna: Definitely topical application of a slurry of chlorella would leach mercury from your fillings, but ingesting whole tablets probably just removes the mercury from your tissues, which is a constant deposit process as long as you have mercury in your mouth--I have not seen any evidence that it accelerates mercury leaching from your fillings (that happens constantly no matter what, worse with hot foods). I really think that you're looking at a lifetime of taking chlorella if you ever had any mercury fillings in your mouth. The tissue deposition is probably unquantifiable.

Agreed about all metals in your mouth! I actually had crowns that were porcelain over metal replaced. The metal is likely nickel, which has a whole host of problems of its own, including endocrine disruption.

But what about titanium implants? Supposedly titanium is inert, do you agree? I say this as I will have to consider an implant, and there are dentists now who can do porcelain instead of titanium.

Aristotle said "let your food be your medicine," and it's still true. Supplements can make a huge difference in addition to a good, organic diet, but then there's still the damage from the bad dentists from the past! Darnit! Well, we can get through this, everybody!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote