View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 11:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hot showers are the worst thing for me...can't even lift the towel up to dry my hair! Usually I take lukewarm showers and then blast the cold water for a bit at the end.

Yes to all the things you have noticed....eyelids, frowney face, etc. My husband can 'see' my face melting and asks if it's time for a pill now!! But my first complaint that started the search for a dx was my right arm. I couldn't get it to work as long or when I wanted it to (still can't!).

Some other things that can impact MGers:
stress
not getting a restful night's sleep
alcohol
many drugs (OTC or script) are contraindicated

Re: bloodwork
My neuro swears Athena Labs are the only ones who can properly run the tests for MG. Even so, my insurance company would not cover Athena doing the tests...and all my antibody tests came back negative.

My neuro did a full thyroid panel, voltage channel c and k, vitamin b12 and d levels, complete IG panel, ANA, ESR, SLE, BUN, and creatin. A lot of that was differential dx stuff as opposed to things that related specifically to MG.

Keep asking questions and pushing for answers. You have been through such a great deal in such a short period of time and your body is still trying to recuperate from all it has been through.
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote