View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, Thank you Don....

We live in a woods, so I use plants that blend together and look semi wild. In that spot in spring are Siberian Iris too.
Some of those daylilies I did from seed years ago, that I bought from Park Seed. That was a challenge! They need cold treatment before germination. ( now the many colors are sold at reasonable prices at our local WalMart, of all places! But back then the only way we could afford many fancy day lily types was from seed. The seeds were mixed, but all lovely. One of them is a maroon/copper red, which is just stunning..but don't know any of their names etc).

Down in front...we live on a hill.. I have a small garden near our steps under the oaks.. here is a photo of that.
Across the street and down at the corner I maintain wild flower/ground cover gardens on the city property too.
When the oaks leaf up I don't have much sun, so everything blooms as spring bulbs, then ground covers in the shady areas.

The hill presents many problems for my getting up and down.
I was very busy this past week and maybe strained my bad knee from many errands and carrying heavy things up here.
I use my walking stick on the stairs always.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 03-12-2013 at 04:45 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (12-12-2011)