View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 08:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna: I take both chlorella and spirulina. Spirulina lacks a cell wall, and the cell wall of chlorella is what binds heavy metals like mercury, so if you want to detox from mercury, you need chlorella. The amount of iron is small, like 1 mg per serving. No concerns there. I hear that a lot, and I don't know why it got that reputation. Spinach has more iron than chlorella.

Plus, let's consider that plants have non-heme iron, which is less bio-available anyway. That, of course, is the issue with spinach--it has iron, but it also has oxalates (unless cooked) and the iron is non-heme.

Spirulina is great for your immune system overall and has protein, too. Good for your thyroid as well, which a lot of people are probably sub-therapeutic on thyroid and are undiagnosed. AND this raises the issue of fluoridated water and how fluoride is super bad for your thyroid, so that's a reason spirulina is good for anyone drinking fluoridated water.

I was sort of ruling out an implant for my upper molar, but I've read about the mini-implants, and with the possibility of a zirconium or titanium implant, I'll ask about it. That would be nice! I go tomorrow for the consult. It seems like such a big deal to remove the tooth, but then I realize that the roots are less than an inch long, so it's really quite small. I will ask him about burring out about 1 mm of boney socket to make sure to get all infection removed. Sounds like a good doctor, though, with a DDS and an MD degree. He probably knows all about that! After having too many bad dentists (obviously!), I have to be vigilant.

Stacy
flygirl7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote