View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to hear that you had a setback. It doesn't matter what treatment you are going through (be it physical therapy, ketamine, tDCS, etc) setbacks can happen if you push yourself too hard. And it's so hard not to when you've been down and out for so long. I know for me I have slowly and steadily been making progress with my physical therapy (the TENS unit being a big help for my ankle pain...allowing me to do a little bit of weight bearing)...but I keep telling myself that I have to take it easy and slow. It's frustrating because the more stuff I can do, the more I want to do....but I know if I do too much too soon then I will be down for several days and it will be a big setback.

Good luck...I hope you can get back to where you were before. I've been following this thread with a lot of interest and once I can get myself back to work (which it looks like will happen in January) then I can start saving money and maybe give this a try. The TENS unit helps with my ankle but not with the pain in my entire upper body. Wearing clothes hurts...ALOT...but it sounds like yours is even worse. It took me months to build up enough of a tolerance to wear normal tops again...which is good because with the cold weather I think I would be sunk without something to protect me from the cold...but they still hurt and it would be nice to have some relief from that.

I'll keep you in my prayers...really hope you have even more success the second go around.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ballerina (12-11-2011), cindi1965 (12-12-2011)