View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Mark

You were a teacher too besides being a coach of a great sport. You summed up the sorrow involved with the loss very well. I taught Art on a national level in my field, with the good reputation as an artisian. My last piece is in a national miniature museum in Kentucky. I feel like a boxer that left at the peak of their career, instead of being knocked out opponent after opponent. I guess it was better like this. I still get letters, 8 years after my retirement, from people wondering what happened to me. These letters are so endearing. I have resumed some friendships in the art field which makes me ever so happy. When this first happened, the people involved in the arts, had an auction for me and raised alot of money for me to have my first cervical fussion. I had no health insurance as I had pre-existing conditions which eliminated me from the pool of insurable people. We need better health care in this country, as if you have medical trouble without insurance it wipes you out and your wind up in poverty. After working 30 years, I expected better.

I am glad you found neruo talk too Mark. It feels good to connect with others that have empathy for those going through the same kinds of ordeals. Your calling was in teaching, as was mine. I taught through the artists in residence program and traveled thoughout the school system in Missouri, where my business started. I miss that most of all. The arts have been cut so much from the schools here in Fla.

I am sorry this all happened to you too Mark. I hope I can learn to cope better than I currently am. This site has helped me to move in a more possitive direction. Thanks for tapping back to me. Have a peaceful and blessed holiday. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote