View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

If right click doesn't work...that means that copying pictures is blocked. What site is it?

If it is Flickr, you have to click on "actions" and then sizes, then it will let you right click.

My hubby has found some professional sites, like newspapers will not let you right click anymore.

You could do a Print screen action. I do this for the hummingbirds at Phoebe Allens.

Hit control + Printscreen-- on the F function row...next to F12
if you have a standard keyboard. Then it goes to clipboard internally, and you then open it in a graphic program.
Laptops vary in where "print screen" is...so type into your help function "print screen" to find it. Then once in your program, say the free PAINT in Microsoft accessories, or any other graphics program you can isolate the photo with a tool called crop and then save it that way. Open the graphics software, then go to file=open and click it and the page you copied should appear in the work box. A little more complex. I do that for streaming sites, like the live hummingbird cam.

There are free online programs that will give you a page save more easily...one is Evernote. I use that for invoices or saving pages easily for "reference" for some reason.

When you right click on a picture, I choose "save as" in the choices it brings up. I save it to my computer. For example, I have a file for cat pictures so I open that when the "save as" asks for where to put a cat photo.
Hubby just puts everything on the desktop, which irks me no end. Because when you are done with it, you have to remove it.
You could make a file called "saved photos internet". Also my PC has a download manager that opens...if you think you didn't save it correctly you can open download manage---mine stays open until I X it out in fact, and click it from there.

But many places with copyrighted things block right click.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote