View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 02:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Best Answer I have:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet4941 View Post
Hello All,
I am new to this forum and I'm so grateful I found it. My daughter is 20 years old and has been suffering for the past 9 months with severe fatigue, muscle weakness, tongue and speech problems, etc. We finally found a neurologist who believes she has MG (just need the lab tests back to prove it) based on the EMG and clinical findings. He prescribed mestinon immediately and that has been a huge help, although we're still wondering about the right dosage and timing.

Anyway, her main issue is lack of sleep. She hasn't been able to sleep for months and this is physically draining. Our PCP prescribed Klonapin to help her anxiety before we found this all out. We thought it would help her sleep, but didn't. The melatonin doesn't work either. Advil PM doesn't phase her. Sleepy Time tea doesn't help. Her B12 level is 800, so high enough. Does anyone have any tips or other ideas about why this is happening and how she can get relief. She says that she will toss and turn all night maybe dosing for 1/2 hour at a time.

Hello There,

Sorry to know this is happening:-(...I suffer from insomnia as well, and have for many years. I have epilepsy as well and know Klonopin is based for epilepsy...and I'm not a Doctor, but I don't know why Klonopin would be prescibed for spleep...never heard of that. I have been prescribed many meds for sleep throughout the years and have found the only one to help me is Ativan. Ativan is not only a sleep aide but is an anxiety med. My Doctor told me that anxiety has a lot to do with insomnia. Like I said, I have tried many, many meds for insomnia and Ativan has been the med that has worked for me. I have been taking it for a little over a year now and it still helps tremedously.
Just some input, I truly hope it helps...I will be praying for you and your Daughter.

Sincerely,
Michelle
michelle.l.flowers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote