View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 02:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default what made me worse /

hello every one,
apart from the frustration of having the condition one of the incredibly frustrating things was the blank looks one receives from treating professionals when you tell them of your symptoms.
for instance when my problem was at its worst if i tried to set a time on the microwave oven, if i pressed one of the buttons i would end up pressing it twice. if i tired to use a clutch pencil with a small lead in it i continually broke the lead. i couldnt write my signature properly. i couldnt pickup a sliced loaf bread without dropping it or crushing it. when i told the health professionals they would just look at me with a blank look on their faces. it is almost unbelievable that we dont have the expertise to understand why this is happening.

i tried to make up a flow chart of my theory of why i have the problem in publisher then converted it to word and then add it as an attachment but "the computer said no " those of you who watch little britain will no what i mean. so the i printed it and then scanned it but it think that it is going to be too small but i will have a go.

if you look at the boxes you will see that all i am doing is rearranging the order of how things occur. i am not intruducing anything new apart from suggesting that the scalenus medius ( one of the scalene muscles) is compromising the Long Thoracic Nerve (which will weaken the serratus anterior) rather than the scalene muscles compromising the brachial plexus.
i am only a pleb but i feel so strongly about this that i choose to stick my neck out.

here are some indicators of my varying scapular instability. if you try these be careful.
i can not put my affected arm behind my back and move it upwards without causing a lot of pain and worsening my scapular stability.
i can not put my affected arm behind my back with my palm facing away from my back and push my hand away from my back without causing a lot of pain and worsening my scapular stability enormously. ( an occ physician asked me to do this. the consequences were excruciating pain immediate loss of scapular stability, muscles in my shoulder twitching uncontrollably, he said that he had never seen a myofascial pain reaction like that before.
i can not hold things straight out in front of my body for very long without causing loss of scapular stability.
laying on my back without a support between my shoulders
if someone manipulates across a tight band along the levator scapula on the affected area.
maybe if the medical people treated TOS as a shoulder injury they might get better results see you later towelhorse
Attached Thumbnails
thoracic outlet sydrome --new member-scan0006-jpg  
towelhorse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote