Thread: Quick Question!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 04:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwsmith1984 View Post
So I've been diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome (PCS). The symptoms are too strong for me to go back to work. I've only worked 2 years in my life with minimum wage jobs...will I be eligible for social security benefits? If so, how much do you think I'd be getting? If not, what else can I do? I've got 2 little ones that are growing up fast and I'm afraid if I don't ever get better I'll never be able to provide for them. I'm going to be a loser dad ...

If the 1984 in your name represents your birth year, you are 27 years old.

What is the date of your diagnosis? What is the date you last worked. How do you support yourself currently?

You start a claim at www.socialsecurity.gov and complete an online disability report. Be thorough. List all medical sources including addresses. You will need to finish the SSI claim in your local office. You will have to also bring proof of current income and assets and living arrangements. The decision may take six months. You may be approved. You may be denied if SSA finds that you are capable of a simple, repetitive job. You can file an appeal. You can hire an attorney.

But none of this will happen if you don't file a claim.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (12-23-2011)