View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 10:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank yall all so much!!! I can't tell yall how great yall have been, and how much I REALLY appreciate your time!!

Thanks Mike- I may have to try those tricks!!! I will make sure they test for the musk, binding and modulating. . I will be anxious waiiting to see if they are positive!

Abby- That's interesting, glad that they have found a treatment that makes you feel better at least!!! I can't wait to start my IVIG!! One of my fears is that they dont' figure out what's going on, and IVIG doesn't help so they wont' know what to try after that for this mystery illness! My weakness is so diffuse, i feel like sitting upright sometimes is just too much, smiling and talking, well just about anything really. I'm only 31, I feel like I'm supposed to be able to do simple things.. right now everything is so difficult!

Suev- that's interesting about your arm being the first symptom.. When you say it won't work, what do you mean by that?? I had all over generalized weakness, shortly after the eyelids not closing symptom began. I went through a time where I couldn't even stand on my toes hardly, I was just SOOOO weak!! But i just kept thinking i was sick with a bug or something, it wasnt' until my hands became REALLY weak- they never get better weak- floppy fingertips and thumbs that dont' work that I realized something was REALLY wrong! OO and I remember thinking a while back after I took some benadryl that all of my symptoms seemed WAY worse... didn't think much of it, then a week or so later took some more and again symptoms flared.. I had heard that antihistamines could make myasthenia worse, and thought huh? I wonder if that is pertinent? Guess it might be!!!
Thank yall.. I sure hope we get somet answers soon! I hope we are on the right track!!! I was at work today and I have to talk a lot, My speech became more slurred, and my face coudln't make the laughing or smiling "face" anymore until I just stopped talking and smiling for a while.. then I could again for a bit.. I just wonder if there is anything else out there that could cause symptoms like that?
Do any of yall have slurred speech? Do certain words seem to be worse, or is it just when your tongue tuckers out everything is funny sounding?
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote