View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 01:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Lightbulb My low back sacorilliac Pain

My symptoms began in 2008 after a jumped a farm terrace on a snowmobile. The snowmobile and I were airborn, as the sled hit the ground, I hit the seat, in the seated position, I hit hard, it jarred my upper body. I have suffered from low back pain ever since. I am unable to sit stand or walk without pain.
On July 1st of 2011, I went golfing after 3 holes, I was unable to continue due to severe pain in my lower back on the right side of my spine.
On July 3rd I began limping, which is a new symptom. The pain was servere, I called our local Dr on July 5th, went to see him, he scheduled me for an epidural injection as I had 1 in 2010.
July 18 MRI showed a 2mm buldge at L4~L5 but was not erffecting the sciatic nerve some mild degeneration.........
July 29 I went to my Dr in Des Moines ~ still in pain
August 5 ~ Epidural same place, this one seemed to help a bit
Sept 23rd went to the local Dr, again severe pain
Sept 30th Epidural same place
Oct 13 back to my Dr in West DesMoines, no improvement my right foot is now numb and pins and needles, also the right side of my female area is numb ....
Oct 31st went to an Orthopedic Surgeon ~ he looked at my MRI, and had bacck xrays taken, he didn't feel surgery was necessary as the nerves were not affected buldge on my disk and he suggested another MRI
Nov 7 MRI ~ now shows 2 perferated discs and 2 buldges ~ none of which show they are touching or pinching the nerve also some narrowing of the spinal canal
Nov 29th went to a neurosurgeon, he set me up for an EMG
Nov 30th EMG
Dec 1st back to the neurosurgeon~ EMG showed the nerves were working properly
I showed him om my back where the pain is the worst, he said, "that's your SI joint" ...
Wow! After all of this.... he recommends an xray of my right hip/pelvis
Dec 6th xrays
Dec 9th ~ my Drs nurse called, they xrays do not show any issues

Tomorrow, I go back to my Dr ..... I have no idea what is next. I have had no "life" since Sept 23rd, pain, depression, confused, what is wrong with me, why do I limp so terribly, why am I in so much pain, and nothing shows up on xrays or MRI????

Any suggestions?
Beth C Iowa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote