View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Ahh, in the past we had quite a few nurses posting, due to lifting/helping pts.

I don't know if you have started a workers comp claim or not, they aren't fun and not easy at all, but if the injury becomes long term/debilitating it might be something to look into. Especially if you an think back to any specific injury happening. Often it is a small thing at the time or a cumulative effect, but the damage happens and the symptoms show up later.

You might consult with some very good work comp attys to see what they think and if you have a solid claim. But many will talk a god game in hopes of an easy %% of the settlement. So research for some quality wc attys in your area and don't just pick one out of the phone book. Most have free first consult.

If you can discretely ask around for a dr or advanced PT that is really into the body and how it works together and is open minded about this kind of injury...
Yep, some don't even like the pt asking "could it be TOS" because they don't know/ haven't explored or studied about it.
been there done that..

Don't know how you feel about chiropractic or maybe an osteopath would work better for you.
expert & experienced is best in general as they may have come across this before.

Often a good PT place will know of drs that might be more advanced in this sort of thing , I wish I had done more asking around at the beginning of my injuries.
Might have saved myself some wasted time.

Maybe ask your dr - "what drsor PTs in the area are very experienced in muscluo /skeletal injuries"?

Don't be surprised if the EMG comes up negative.

I don't know why they can't send you to PT for a in depth evaluation?
Did the dr actually do any positional testing at all for you?
Most of mine only did the usually carpal tunnel test and a few hand strength tests - I didn't even have any carpal tunnel symptoms.

I'm not to fond of drs attitudes & when they won't say- "sorry, I don't know how to help, lets find you someone that might be able to help you."