View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 12:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The neurosurgeon did the grab my finger test, push against me to measure strength. Then he had me lift my arm out to the side while he felt my pulse in that arm and turn my head. Finally, he said that he thinks it is a brachial plexus injury. If no better in 2 weeks call back and they will do the EMG test or nerve conduction test.

My primary care physician sent me to a neurologist for second opinion. He actually did more positional testing. No comments as to what he thinks it is. He said he wants to do the EMG test and go from there.

I do have a question though. As far as the swelling and color changes to the hand, doesn't that only occur for arterial or venous tos? I don't typically keep my arm elevated for any length of time because it causes pain, so if there is any color change I don't know about it.

My dr did say that this could be work related, but there is no evidence or injury that I could point to that may be causing this. One more thing, is there any way to break the pain cycle? Since last night after washing my hair, I have been in a constant pain cycle and nothing is helping. I actually thought about going to the ER for a shot or something but wasn't sure if that would help.
tara505 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote