View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 02:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Multiple Concussions

I've had at least 5 concussions that I can remember, the worst being last December (2011). These 5 don't include hitting my head in the car, on kitchen cabinets, desks etc... After that last one, I got a an airplane less than 24 hours after (two planes, 5 hours of flying one way = not good), was on my feet constantly then another 6 hours of flying back home and ended up in the ER frequently over three days.

My question is this - while I still think I have lingering PCS symptoms a year later, can multiple concussions lead to issues that would mimick say Fibromyalgia, Lupus or MS? I've had a firm diagnosis of one of these and in process on another.

The worst symptoms are headaches and migranes (more frequently than ever in the past), painful neuropathy in my legs, lack of coordination, dizziness, nausea, confusion, loss of memory, anxiety and inability to sleep. I've also ended up with high blood pressure all of a sudden and a lot of weight gain since the last concussion. Another bad side effect is stuttering or loss of thought which has not changed since the concussion and has been a huge battle to deal with at work as I present a lot (daily) to Senior Management.

My scans (CT and MRI) were OK in December, but I've had a ton of other health issues since.

I'm back on amitryptiline (25mg), and also take ritalin and painkillers (butrans patch and tramadol) for joint pain, lisinopril for the blood pressure and ambian to sleep. Probably going to end up on effexor for the neuropathy if I can't get anywhere with amitryptiline.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I've thought of going back down the neuro route, but I'm not sure that it will provide me any "new" news. I already spend a ton of time at my Rheumatologist and now endocrinologist.
lilduke99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
easeinbeing (10-15-2013)