View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 03:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is 'Crashing' normal?

Hey, as stupid as it sounds, I don't want the Christmas holidays to arrive at the end of this week... I've been keeping myself busy and staying afloat mentally as I can. Yes, I know I should be resting, however with exams in early Jan I need all the preparation I can get. But I feel like I have a constant cloud in my brain!
The thing is, in the evenings now, I'm struggling to maintain awareness, follow conversation, tolerate noise/bright lights and, most importantly, continue studying. This always happened after my injury in October, however, I didn't suffer it greatly until 8pm-10pm.. some evenings, barely at all. It became early to approximately 7pm. And now, I'm on about 3pm.
According to my boyfriend, who's incredibly supportive, I got through phases of 'zoning out' throughout the day and in the evening/afternoons enter stages of 'crashing' where I become unresponsive, struggle to keep my eyes open and lose the abilities to talk. I'm apparently impossible to pull out of this state and it takes up to half an hour of gentle coaxing... in which I can become emotional and plead for him not to leave me. While I can remember these phases afterwards, they're hazy.

Is this normal? I'm probably working myself to hard and I realise I should rest, and I have really been trying by colouring and cutting out tv and music most of the time. Is there anything else I can do? I feel so frustrated, I want to get back to me as soon as possible.. (don't we all?!) But... I feel I'm fighting a never ending battle... I sometimes just want to give up..
Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you
ClumsyCharlie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote