View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 05:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Dear Jade,
I was sickened to hear that your insurance company won't pay for tests that your cancer doctor wants you to have. It isn't bad enough? What kind of ____ is that? I can't believe they would do that to you after all your have been through. The more I hear about these insurance issues, the more I think it has to do with just money, rather than the quality of life for the patient, or for that matter what is in the best interests of the patient. I do think your doctor could write a letter to your ins. company, and state his definate reasons for wanting the tests done. I hope you fight your insurance company, and get what you need to have done. The doctors who want these tests for you are not doing it for no reason. Your continued pain is a good reason. so sorry that our medical system has put you through more heartache, when it is hard enough to face the surgery you already have had. I hope all the best for you, and good recovery. ginnie
Thank you Ginnie!
Right now this is all in the appeal process. My primary care dr and breast surgeon are both fighting for me to get this bone scan done. I went to my plastic surgeon today and am having surgery Jan 17th to do the finishing touches on these breasts. At least that will give me some closure. Going to call this spine surgeon tomorrow again, cuz i'm not going to be able to lay on my tummy for 2-3 weeks when i have surgery, so i won't be able to even get an epidural shot then. This is all such a nightmare, but i am blessed to have had phenomenal care with this breast cancer issue. I'm just hoping for the same with my back. I got spoiled with professional, proficient and caring drs! I'm getting better with all this. Just have to find a new normal and accept it! It's like life throwing you lemons, without the tequila! lol sorry, just trying to laugh and lighten things up a bit. It's the only way to survive! It is a bunch of S**T what insurance companies are pulling these days. People complained about Jack Kevorkian, but the truth is.....ins. co's kill people every day br refusing tests and treatments. Somebody needs to start holding them accountable. I pretty much told them in an appeal letter that they were being iiresponsible and negligent with my care and that I did in fact send a copy of every denial letter to my attorney. Thanks for all your support! I really appreciate it!!
Sandy
jade01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote