View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Kris,

Bite-wing xrays will be ok.... won't disturb anything.

If the site is open at all.... then an orange or something hot or spicy could make it hurt a little because it is a "wound". Just like mint....

A periapical xray may or may not show miniscule signs of an infection. If there was a full blown infection, you would have constant pain, most likely some swelling, possibly a fever.... and that would show up on an xray.

Let us know how the visit goes...
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPPP View Post
Hi~ Ok, the dentist wants to do the bitewings as part of a reg check up and then I will also have him do the other x-ray of the extraction site. Question: Is it ok to do the bitewings when I have this semi open extraction site? The site is off to the side a bit since the tooth was coming in sideways. I just dont want to risk infection and am unsure what to do.

Your thoughts? I am having some mild discomfort in the area today on/off....mainly after eating an orange even though I tried to keep it to one side. UGH!! It is getting better though.

Another question: Can I be pretty confident that if this was infected that the DENTIST would be able to see some sort of indication or I would be in a lot of pain or fever?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote