View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Kris,

To take bitewing xrays, the holder goes inside the mouth and doesn't touch the cheek side. You will be fine. The gum tissue at the extraction site will heal closed before the bone fills in. The clot forms first, the collagen layers form to aid in the healing process, the gum tissue closes and the bone heals slowly for about a year.

The periapical xray may not show much of anything at this point.... unless there is a big infection. You do not have symptoms of ANY infection.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPPP View Post
Thanks Bryanna....with bitewings....do they do two on each side? I am so afraid of getting the site infected but I guess this isnt much different than sticking a toothbrush in my mouth and the site should be healed enough,right? I mean, it is still healing and part is pink and "open" looking but this heals from the inside out,correct? So a lot of the skin should be in to protect since it has been six weeks.

Yes, I definitely will let you know how the visit goes!! I think he suspects a small cavity in a molar close to the site so wants the bitewings. I hope this is going to be ok!! I am not sure he will do the other x-ray. I really think he sees it unnecessary but what do you think? I mean, will it give me piece of mind? If there is a small infection that doesnt show on the x-ray, then what? Will my body just fight that? I feel fine right now, no soreness and I just ate....but not anything spicy or anything.

Thanks soooooo much for your emotional support with all of this!!!

Kris
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote