View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi breezy,

I would like to try to help you with this. I have some questions if you wouldn't mind answering...

1) What dental procedures did you have done and was any of it a re-do or re-treatment?

2) Were mercury (silver colored) fillings removed? Were special precautions taken to limit the exposure of the mercury?

3) Where in your mouth...what teeth?

4) What anesthetic did they use?

5) Were you ill just prior to having any of the dental work done or anytime during the work?

6) When did the sensations first begin... after the first injection... midway through treatment...?

7) Where did you notice the initial sensations, how long before it spread?

8) About how old are you? Just for outside chance it is something related to thyroid or hormones.

9) Have you ever had a negative reaction to a local anesthetic anyplace on your body? Or a long term effect... more than a few hours?

10) Did you have difficulty getting numb... did the dentist have to keep giving more anesthetic on any particular procedure?

Your description of your mouth and lips... grease and sand.... is one that I have not yet heard! I'm trying to imagine what that would feel like.

The fact that the sensation has crossed the mid-line would generally rule out anything in the shingles family. But I'm not completely sure about that.

I've sent a note to Stacy who is a member here and also a pharmacist. She may have some insight into the supplements and meds.... etc. I know Mrs D is concerned about the vitamin b3 and perhaps with good reason.

Look forward to your reply when you get the chance.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy1 View Post
I started having some dental work done last spring. Over time, my face has become numb (paresthesia). Symptoms include prickling, lack of taste, cold/hot, little electrical currents and some mild shooting pains when I tap my teeth together. Feels like my mouth and lips are covered with grease that has been mixed with sand. Not horrible pain, but constant (not intermittant) irritation. It feels somewhat like when anesthetic is wearing off, but it never does.

This has now been going on for over 7 months. Dentist has no ideas, oral surgeon has no ideas, PCP has no ideas, and neuro has not ideas. I had an MRI that was completely negative. I am wondering about a reaction to the anesthetic used?? This numbness goes from the outer corner of my right eye down my cheek across my upper and lower lip, chin, lower edge of nose and half way up the left cheek. It also includes my tongue, inner lips, and along the gingiva both upper and lower. It is really frustrating as food tastes like saw dust. With my eyes closed I can't tell if I am chewing filet mignon, chicken or rubber, not to mention the irritability it causes. I find myself constantly licking my lips and running my tongue around my mouth.

I am taking Vitamin B3, C, fish oil, CoQ10, garlic.

Anybody have ideas or suggestions?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote