Thread: Methadone
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 11:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Zygo is correct.... methadone leaves the receptors for pain, before the drug is cleared from the body. This leads to taking more for relief and exposing you to further risks.

Low dose methadone is useful. The minute you move into high dose areas..you place yourself at further risk.
Thanks everyone for your input! I did know that about the Methadone and it's long half life, and that's exactly why the doc started with only 5mg every 8 hours beginning last Friday (the 9th). He asked me to phone him on Wednesday with an update, and that he will likely need to increase to 10mg every 8 hours beginning this coming Friday. I have an alarm set at 2:00am, 10:00am and 6:00pm to take the medication, which is when is best suited by my personal schedule, and my loved ones know the schedule and keep an eye on everything to make sure that I don't miss a dose or take any extra too soon. If I find that it is not working to provide adequate relief, I'll let my doctor know, and take Percocet until we can up the Methadone dosage.
72daywmn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (12-13-2011)