View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

Yes, I do like to CVS topical lotion. I don't use it for PN however, I use it for blood pressure and as a supplement.

I don't put it on my feet at all. I put it on my inner arms or my thighs, depending on the day. If my knees are acting up I put it there, but mostly on my arms where the skin is the thinnest.

I know it works because my blood pressure goes way down, and doesn't spike during the day, like it can. It also relaxes me and helps me sleep.

I've used it on hubby's back this summer too, to take down muscle strains.

I don't know how Epsom-it compares. Is magnesium the first ingredient on your label? On the CVS bottle it is the first ingredient, and must be concentrated, because if a drop sticks at the cap it turns to "stone" when it dries out! And the bottle is very heavy...so alot of mag must be in there. (the label does not give concentration of mag however).

I think soaking in epsom salts would give you more depending on how long you soak, per session.

The Kirkman product gives doses... 100mg/1gram of cream.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote